Sunday, September 9, 2012

In His Presence!


Psalm 123
I lift up my eyes to you, to you who sit enthroned in heaven. As the eyes of slaves look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a female slave look to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the Lord our God, till he shows us his mercy. Have mercy on us, Lord, have mercy on us, for we have endured no end of contempt. We have endured no end of ridicule from the arrogant, of contempt from the proud.

Greetings, My Beloved!
I trust you are having a wonderful day. My thoughts today are full of our King. Oh, how I love serving our King. Kingdom work is so fulfilling. This week the Lord allowed me to lead someone to His sweet salvation! I love it when we're able to bring someone into the kingdom! This weekend I watched the move The Help. Have you seen that movie? I really enjoyed this movie. This movie was about the African-American maids' point of view on the white families for which they work, and the hardships they go through on a daily basis. While the subject is not slavery, it's close enough for us to grasp the understanding of a slave master relationship. God is the ultimate master for us, He is kind and benevolent. While His ways are not our ways, He has our best interest at heart. So why not look to him with admiration. Lift your eyes to the throne room of Heaven. Seek to enter into His presence. For it is in His presence that you can see His mighty power. Let us enter into His presence, that we may be filled with His mighty presence! In His presence, whisper songs of love to Him. Tell the Lord of all of the wonderful, marvelous things He has done for you. Seek His mercy. We serve a merciful God. As elections approach, there has been a lot of political talk on how our nation can be fixed. The truth is, only God can fix our nation, and that is only if He is willing. Rather than thinking man can fix our nation, why don't we focus on 2 Chronicles 7:14, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Let us seek God for forgiveness. Where have we failed Him? We have to humble ourselves, and pray. God will have mercy on us, and will heal our land, but we have to first recognize our place with Him. He is the King, the Lord, and the Maker of all things. The only reason we are worthy enough to be in His presence, is because of the Cross. At the Cross the veil was split, so that we may enter into His presence. However, because we have this privilege, let us not treat the Lord as common. He is Holy, and we are not. Let us lift our eyes to the throne room of Heaven, in awe of worshiping our King!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment