Tuesday, June 12, 2012

God's Love


Ephesians 3:14-21
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.

I hope you are having a marvelous day in the Presence of God. May he pour out His Spirit on you this very day!!! You see, God wants nothing more than for you to Love - Matthew 22:37-40
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

It all starts with Love. Our worship to God is because we Love Him. That is why we should never stop worshipping the Lord. He loved us first - He is our true first love.

I love what this verse says - "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being." I would love to be blessed with His glory, his strength, his power - talk about richness. So often we want to be blessed with physical earthly things. I know I do. However, isn't it so much better to be blessed with eternal things, like God's glory, strength, and power? These are things that not only can we use here on earth, but we can take with us to Heaven. It is our way to Heaven, the next phrase says, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. This is the very way we get to heaven. That we may have enough faith, to press onward, even when the world calls us foolish. God can bless us with His strength to persevere, and his power to withstand the attacks of the enemy.

How do we get this? It is only by His Love. God's Love is so much more than we can even imagine. So many of us seek out Christianity for the fruits. Fruits are a good thing, Jesus says that we will know fellow believers by their fruits. However, it's not all about fruits. It's not all about the benefits of Christianity. Do I love being blessed by God? Yes, I do, but I do not do the things I do to be blessed, or to gain recognition. I do it, because I am so in love with God. It's our worship, our devotion to God that draws us into that intimate relationship with Him. To where it no longer matters what others think. It's a heart thing. When we are worshipping God corporately at church on Sunday, it is expressing to everyone how much we love the King. Not to try to make ourselves to appear holier or better than anyone. I hold my husband's hand, not to show off – “look I'm holding my husband's hand - we must have a better marriage than those that don't hold their husband's hand.” No, I hold his hand because I love him. I want to express my love to him no matter where we are or what we are doing, even if it is a simple holding of the hand. We need to be like that with God. It doesn't matter where we are, we can show God how much we love Him. God loves us so much he sent His son to die for us. That is immeasurable love. Yet can we break away from our busy lives to show God how much we love Him? We don't need a band and an orchestra with singers and flashing lights to worship God. We can be at the grocery store, and worship God. We can be stuck in Houston traffic, and worship God. I can tell you, as much as I hate traffic, that when I go through it worshipping God, it no longer matters if someone cuts me off. The frustration I would normally feel when that happens is drowned out by God’s peace. Could you imagine if the entire city of Houston would worship God during traffic?  Allow God to wash through you today. That you can think about His immeasurable love to us - how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. It is so big, that it surpasses knowledge or reason. Let us show God our mutual affection today. Worship him, right now, regardless of where you are at. Just close your eyes, and tell God how much you love Him. It is amazing as you worship Him, how you feel the strength of His presence. I love being in His presence, and worshipping just brings you that much closer to Him. 

I look forward to worshipping the King on Sunday, but we don't have to wait to Sunday to worship Him. His presence is so strong when you already have it with you from worshipping Him all week. Can you imagine, if all of us were to worship God all week, growing that fullness of His presence within us, that when we all go to church on Sunday for our corporate worship, the fullness of His presence may be just that much greater? His presence can be so great, that miracles will be happening all around us. There is power in the presence of God. That is my forever prayer, "God, fill me up with your presence so much, that it just pours out all around me, that those that pass my path will feel the fullness of God's presence.

Be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment