Friday, July 27, 2012

The Overflowing Love of God

Psalm 139:1-12
You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

Greetings!

 I trust you are having a great week! I know I am. My son got baptized this week! I am one proud momma. He is such a special kid, and I am so blessed that God has entrusted me to be his mother. I have had my moments of uncertainties as a parent. Am I making the right choices? Am I disciplining him too little, or too much? Does he realize how much I love him? The questions are endless, but one thing is certain, and that is my love for him. The realization of true love came to me the day I first held my son in my arms. It was that moment, when I realized the true meaning of unconditional love. I fell in love with that little fellow that day in the hospital, holding him in my arms, and my heart was so full of joy that it ached. My love for him has grown, as I have watched him grow into the fine young man that he is today. Thinking about this made me think about God, and how much He loves me. How He looks at me, as I look to my son. That love I felt in the hospital holding my newborn son, God has for me, but magnified exponentially. God loves me so much that he gave His one and only son to die for me, that I may have eternal life.

1 John 3:16-24
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask; because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

If you feel lost or alone today, if you are worried about loved ones, or you simply just need that little boost of encouragement for any reason, know how much God loves you. I love Psalm 139. It just makes me realize how much God cares about every detail within us. God has searched us, and knows us because He created us. He knows when we're happy, when we're sad. He knows all of our ways. Why does He know all of this? The answer is simple, because He loves us. Nothing can separate us from His love. His presence is near; can you reach out and touch Him? Allow God to fill you with His powerful presence today, that it may never leave you, for without the presence of God, what sets us apart from the rest of the world?

Exodus 33:15-16:
Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”

Enter into your secret place. Allow yourself to be immersed within God's presence, and then just tell God how much you love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment