Saturday, December 15, 2012

Silence

I felt sick to my stomach most of the day yesterday. Perhaps it was something I ate, or perhaps it was the massacre of innocent children. My eyes were filled with tears, as I'm sure every mother's eyes were. It was so hard to do anything, as my heart ached for the families who lost loved ones, on an unforgettable day. I am not one to be a mere spectator, and being over a thousand miles away, what could I do but pray? I prayed, and cried, and prayed some more, until this poem inspired from Inner whispers of my heart. In honor of those whose lives were lost on December 14, 2012 at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, CT, please take a moment of Silence, and perhaps these words may bring an ounce of comfort.

Silence

Silence filled the world today,
Innocent lives lost, as we pray,
Laughter ceased, and time stood still.
Was this blood filled massacre real?

Darkness covered the earth today,
Smiles faded, as terror displayed.
Flames burning of future world changers,
Suddenly quenched by a violent stranger.

Blood filled the school’s halls today,
Seeping past the state’s highway.
A gunman’s violent rampage,
Left small children in the grave.

Silence comes in simple prayers,
To the Lord, the peace maker.
Little ones in a better place,
No more pain or suffering they’ll face.

Comfort comes in the form of a song,
Drying tears from all night long.
Simple words from a Child’s poem,
Welcome the flames to their new home.

“Be near me Lord Jesus, I ask thee stay,
Close by me forever, and love me I pray.
Bless all the dear children, in thy tender care,
And take us to Heaven to live with thee there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment