Thursday, March 7, 2013

God's Grace


1Timothy 1:14-17
The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
 
Greetings my beloved,
This is the scripture my son led our devotion time in yesterday morning. I was so blessed by his insight at such a young age; it just goes to show you that age should not be a hindrance. Working in the children’s ministry has taught me never to underestimate children. They are oftentimes smarter than you realize. With that said, I was impressed that my son willingly brought a scripture to our devotion time, and further was able to explain what it meant to him. With this being a season of purification for me, I found it to be fitting share.

This scripture, like our salvation, begins with grace. Isn't grace a beautiful thing? It goes hand in hand with repentance; you can't have repentance without grace. Isn't it great that God gave us grace, we do not deserve it, yet He lavishes us in it? Why is that, because of His Love for us. He sees our faith and our love for Christ Jesus, and He accepts us - it is that simple. We believe, and He grants us grace. The thing is that God loves us so much; He sacrificed His only son, that we may be covered by His grace in order to obtained everlasting life. Isn't that beautiful?

So, my friends, in this season of purification, as you are seeking deep within to find the long lost sin in your life, don't feel the condemnation. The enemy is so sly, he thinks he can get to us by condemning us, but remember, “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1). There is no condemnation because God is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins, but we first have to confess. Have you recognized the sin in your life? My family and I recently watched the movie, "The Nun's Story" with Audrey Hepburn. I love a good classic movie! Anyways, this film takes you into the inner sanctum of a nun's life. They were each handed a notebook to record every act they have committed against the holy law. They had to write in their book, "I accuse myself of..." and write out the sins they had committed throughout the day. I'm not saying we have to go to that extreme, but it does show you how they recognized the sin in your life. How, by having continual communion with God. Have you silenced out the chaos of your life long enough to hear the still quiet voice of God? My son came to us tonight, saying he had a vision of his video games, laptop, Legos, and other toys - all the things he treasured coming after him to strangle and kill him. It was a wakeup call to him. What is he going to do about it? He plans to fast tomorrow to seek God what he should do. It's not about the black and white, all or nothing mentality. This is about tackling self-control. Can you think of a time in which you allowed the busyness of your day crowd out the still quiet voice of God? Take a moment, and listen... Listen to the still, quiet babbling brook of God's voice, or the mighty rushing waters - can you hear it?

Love you all!

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment