Saturday, March 16, 2013

Making Time for God



Psalm 63:1-5

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

Greetings, my beloved,

Sorry it has taken me so long to write to you, but it has been a busy week. I can finally sit down, take a breath of fresh air before this Sunday. Even in the midst of chaotic weeks, it is so wonderful to enter into the Lord's presence. It can be difficult to find that peaceful quiet time with the Lord, but it is so rewarding when you do. I know when you have a million things to do, you often sacrifice that quiet time with the Lord. I know this, because I have done this before.

The past few Sunday's at church, the sermon has been on living the blessed life, and the obedience through tithing of our money. It is so important to give God what is His already, as the pastor said it is better to live on 90% with God than 100% on your own. But what about your time, should you tithe your time to God? After all, once you turn your life over to Him, you are no longer your own. Romans 12:1, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship."

One question I have been asking a lot lately is, "Have you heard the voice of God lately?" Or even, "When was the last time you experienced God on a new level?" Think about it. Have we allowed the craziness of our life drown out the voice of God? Christianity is all about our relationship with God.

Matthew 7:21-23 tells us:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

The thing is, the very ones that the Lord is calling evildoers, are ones that have called themselves Christians. They even did everything in the name of the Lord, prophesied, drive out demons, and performed miracles - probably more than even we do. However, God said, "I never knew you." Oh how sad it would be to get to judgment day thinking I have walked the Christian walk, only to find out the Lord will call you an evildoer, and turn you away, simply because He didn't know you. How does God know you? He will know you through a relationship with Him. So, take the time to meet with Him. Don't just do all of the talking asking for things, but do some listening. Think about your friendships, do you like the friends that never listen to you, but spend all of their time talking to you? Or, what about the ones that are too busy to meet with you. It doesn't make a very good friendship. It's all about prioritizing your time. You have time to watch your favorite TV show, or tend to your family, but do you have time for your one on one time with the Lord? I'm not talking about just going to church. I'm talking about fully devoted to God, that you are willing to sacrifice time with others, to meet with your creator, your Lord, your King of Kings, your healer, your provider, your Jesus.

So, take this time to enter into His presence. This Psalm is so beautiful. I love that feeling when you see God in the sanctuary. When I am leading the people into the Lord's presence through worship, this is where I want to take them, into His presence, where they can see His power and glory. How wonderful is that!

Blessings,

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment