Thursday, April 4, 2013

Finding Rest for your Soul

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Greetings, my beloved,
I hope you are having an excellent week. I'll be honest with you, our week has been a little hectic, and in turn exhausting. I am really looking forward to this weekend, in hopes to get some much needed rest.

Rest is important to God. After all, He rested during the creation:

Genesis 2:2
And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

So, why is it that we, as mere humans, think that in this busy day and age, we are exempt from rest. We keep going and going like that little pink Energizer bunny. But there comes a time when fogginess crashes around you, and you don't know what you're saying or doing and you just crash. Anyways, that happens to me all of the time, and this week is no different. I have myself involved in so many different responsibilities, thinking I'm Super Woman or something, and then there comes a point that I just can't do it all. God needed a day to rest when He created the universe, why is it that I don't think I need rest?

Take a moment today to rest in God's presence. Seek His Holy face, and lay your burdens on Him. He cares for you. Tell Him about the things that bother you, the person that hurt your feelings unintentionally, or perhaps the frustration of trying to accomplish all of the tasks that are set before you. That mountain may look tall; the problems you are faced with may look large; perhaps you feel like you are in a desert searching for a drop of water; but God is bigger than any mountain, problem, insecurity, or frustration. He is your refuge when you're afraid, you're strength when you are weak, and your source, when you are lacking. Lay down your burdens before Him, His yoke is gentle and easy, and His burden is light. Find rest in your souls with Him!

Worship with me!


Blessings!
Christina



No comments:

Post a Comment