Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Praying for our Leaders!

1 Corinthians 3:18-23
Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”; and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.” So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.
 
 
Hello my beloved,
I hope you are all well. I continue to fight this chest congestion, which is ever so annoying. We have also welcomed into our home a dear friend of mine. I am looking forward to playing the hospitality role, and be a blessing to her. I love being a blessing to others, after all isn't that what we are called to do?
 
 
This week, we started reading 1 Corinthians for our family devotion time. I have noticed how many of my favorite scriptures are from this book - yes I have lots of favorite scriptures, as I am sure you do as well. This particular one stood out to me today when I was soaking in the past few passages we have read this week. My mind is still weighing heavily on our leaders of this nation, especially as elections approach. I am praying that the right leaders are elected into office, and what my role in it is to play. I'm also praying for the salvation of our leaders. I believe no one is too far from God's reach. I will be honest with you, I do not agree with the stances of either of the lead presidential candidates. I do not agree with President Obama; however, I still respect him as our leader. And believe it or not, I do not agree with Romney either. I hold true to the Biblical values that once stood firm in this nation. However, the world has made Christians to look like fools, and why not - I'm sure we do look foolish compared to them, as our value system is so different. It is oftentimes overlooked, and we try our hardest not to offend anyone. Are we deceiving ourselves? We are slowly slipping into the mindset of the world, when we think success is measured by the big house, nice car, great career, high pay check, etc. While these are nice things to have, does this truly measure success? Do we see that the lie at hand during this presidential race to be wise or foolish? Is it tearing us apart from friendships because one agrees with one standpoint while the other agrees with another? Let us stay true to our heart this election - the heart of God. Let His values become our values, His wisdom - our wisdom. After all, it may seem foolish in this world, but God's world is eternal. Let us seek God as we prepare to vote. Let us continue to pray for our elected officials, and our future leaders in this nation.
 
 
Lord, I pray for our leaders in our nation. Let them no longer see your ways as foolish, but to seek godly wisdom. I pray for their salvation, if they do not already know you. Lord, I pray that our future and current leaders of our nation will find the saving knowledge of you as their lord and savior. Father, I pray that Grace and Wisdom will find them. I pray that they will not walk in the way of the wicked, or stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the company of mockers. I pray that their delight is in the law of the Lord, and that they will meditate on this both day and night. I pray that they will be like trees planted by streams of water, and will bear much fruit in season, and the leaves will not wither and fade. I pray that whatever they do will prosper. It is in your nane that we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment