Thursday, October 25, 2012

Clothed in Christ!

Romans 13:11-14
And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

Greetings, My Beloved!

I can't believe October is almost over. November will be here before you know it, and you know what that means... Election Time. Have you decided on a candidate yet. I have to be honest with you, this has been a difficult choice, I have spent much time in prayer as I contemplated my choice. We are going to go this weekend to early vote. I encourage you to vote, even if you lack confidence in any of the leaders. Remember, only God can change a nation, so vote for the candidate that will come the closest to standing for godly values. Sorry, I didn't mean to get all political on you.

Yesterday, we went to the Houston Photography Center, where they had a few photography exhibits. I love photography! I saw a couple of the exhibits to be political pieces, although I am quite sure that was not the artists' intent. One of them told the story of how they were affected by the economic downfall of Argentina. I have heard stories from various friends from Argentina of the economy in Argentina. How one day you have everything you need, and the next nothing. That was the story of this girl, remembering the day her television was taken away. Her father was a business man, and lost his company. Her mother was in tears as they sat in an empty house - everything taken out from them, except the clothes on their backs and a shoebox of pictures - memories of their lives before this day. Slowly the family one by one immigrated to Europe, leaving the shoebox of pictures behind, in the safe keeping of the grandmother. Upon this girl's return, a flood had occurred and destroyed the pictures. As she was going through them, she was amazed by the beauty of the colors left behind. Some pictures remained in tact, while others, were only traces of colors a reminisce of the past. She framed the pictures, some you can recognize right away as a family album, others, you can take in the beauty of the mixtures of colors, all told her story. It made me think about the position our government is in, any time our economy can collapse with as much debt as we are in. We can lose everything we have in a moment. Really, nothing is guaranteed here on earth. That is why it is so important to vote for a candidate that you can entrust to reduce and eventually eliminate the national debt. If we continue to go on the path we are on now, who's to say that we won't be the ones left behind with a shoebox of pictures? Perhaps that's the fate of our nation? Who really knows. All I know is that God's judgment on our nation is justified - look at the lawlessness that is abounding. I pray that God has mercy on our nation. Abraham pleaded with God to spare Sodom and Gomorrah, for Lot's sake. He thought surely there are enough righteous there to keep God from destroying the city, but alas, as he kept pleading, going down in numbers the end result - only Lot and his family was saved. However, Lot's wife turned back, and was turned into a pillar of salt. Let us clothe ourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, let us not look back to gratify the desires of our flesh, as Lot's wife did. I pray that we are continually cleansed in His Righteousness, that will be be found Holy and Acceptable for the Day of the Lord.

Let us look into our own lives. Is there anything that you need to repent from? Let us be cleansed by the blood of the lamb that God can see us as righteous, enough righteous to not destroy our nation. Just this week during my prayer time with the Lord, He brought to my remembrance of something I did in my rebellious college days. Something I completely forgot about, but nonetheless something, I never truly asked forgiveness from. I repented right there, and realized we are continually being washed by the blood of the lamb. Let us clothes ourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, that we can be purified to join in true authentic worship to our King!

In Christ's Love!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment