Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful for Christ's Love!

Revelation 1:12-16
I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

Greetings, my beloved!

I hope you are having a fabulous November morning! I cannot believe it is November already - Thanksgiving, here I come! I just love the fall, the brilliant hues of oranges, reds, golds, and yellows. It is so beautiful. I love the pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pies, and Wendy makes a delicious pumpkin cake. And I absolutely love Thanksgiving! There is so much to be thankful for. For one, Christ's never ending love: I love that no matter where I came from, where I'm at, or where I will be - nothing, absolutely nothing can separate me from the love of Christ.

Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord

This past Sunday, my husband taught during our connect group on the depth of insight on Christ. We say that we know Jesus, and that he knows us. We say that we love Him, and we do. But what is it about Jesus that you know and love? Is it that He is always by our side:

Hebrews 13:5b
because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

Is it because He chose us?

1 Thessalonians 1:4
For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you.

I believe it is all of these things, and so much more. We know and love Jesus, because of who He is: the son of the Most High God, the alpha and omega, the first and last, our redeemer, our friend. Can you see Jesus standing before you? Look into His eyes of fire, can you see the love in His blazing eyes? What about his hair, white as wool, showing purity and love, forgiveness and grace. Can you hear his voice, the sounds of mighty rushing waters like the waves crashing in the ocean? Or perhaps it's the still quiet voice, like the babbling brook? Jesus is so beautiful! No wonder we cannot keep our eyes off of Him. And not only that, He has the name that is above every name - that at the name of Jesus the enemy has to flee, at the name of Jesus, the name that is above every name! Let us seek to know God on a deeper level today.

In Christ's Love!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment