Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Greatest Spiritual Gift!

1 Corinthians 1:4-9
I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
 
Hello, My Beloved!
I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving. My apologies for not writing the week of Thanksgiving. I had a fabulous thanksgiving, with a getaway to my parents lake house. It was nice and peaceful, a great time with family, and time to catch up on some much needed sleep. With thanksgiving on my mind, I wanted to pray this scripture over you.
 
As I was praying this over you, verse 7 stood out to me, "Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed." The word gift here was translated from the Greek word charisma, which means: a favour with which one receives without any merit of his own; the gift of divine grace; the gift of faith, knowledge, holiness, virtue; the economy of divine grace, by which the pardon of sin and eternal salvation is appointed to sinners in consideration of the merits of Christ laid hold of by faith; grace or gifts denoting extraordinary powers, distinguishing certain Christians and enabling them to serve the church of Christ, the reception of which is due to the power of divine grace operating on their souls by the Holy Spirit.
 
In other words - it's about God's salvation - the special gift that God gave us, to help us as we await the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ - a gift of grace. It's only through our salvation that we will make it to the day of the Lord, and it is only by God's grace, that we can obtain salvation. And it is through all of this, that we can remain blameless until the Day of our Lord and Savior! Isn't that awesome! Out of all of the spiritual gifts, I think that salvation is the greatest gift, without it, how can you use your other giftings for the Lord? If you have not had the opportunity to gain Christ's salvation, all you have to do is say a simple prayer, recognizing you are a sinner, and asking God to forgive you of your sins, and become Lord over your life. Once you pray that prayer, your life is forever changed!
 
 
Perhaps you have already accepted Christ in your life. Then this is the time to enter into a quiet time with the Lord, with praises and thanksgiving for saving you from the evilness of this world. When I think about how I was before the Lord became real in my life, I was so lost, hurting, and lonely. I was raised in the church, and I walked the aisle when I was 10 to ask Jesus into my heart. I even went through confirmation classes at church, read my Bible, and went to a Christian high school. However, it wasn't until I held my little boy in my arms that God became real in my life. It was at that point, that I could understand a small portion of God's unconditional love. So, go ahead, latch onto God's greatest spiritual gift, you won't have any regrets.
 
 
And with that, I must say my goodbyes.
 
 
Until next time...
 
 
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment