Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Seeking Forgiveness!

Isaiah 10:1-4
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar? To whom will you run for help? Where will you leave your riches? Nothing will remain but to cringe among the captives or fall among the slain. Yet for all this, his anger is not turned away, his hand is still upraised.

Greetings, my beloved!

I hope you are having a fabulous week. This week has been tiring, but I am pressing onward. I was interested in all of the political talk after the elections. There is one philosophy that seems to be spreading quickly, but it bothered me a bit. I'm sure you've seen or heard people boasting that people on welfare should not get to vote, as this is a conflict of interest. Being in the filed of compliance, I know all about conflicts of interests. However, this philosophy has bothered me quite a bit. I started praying and seeking God on this, after the past couple of weeks speaking on testing everything, I knew that this new philosophy had to be tested. Then God lead me to this scripture. Do we really want to deprive the poor from their rights? As I continued reading this scripture, I was intrigued with the next part, "making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless." Does this not describe the single mother epidemic that is plaguing our nation today? When I read this, my mind immediately went to the millions of abortions performed right here in our nation - in our city even. Isn't abortion oppressing the widows and fatherless? How many girls are having a abortions, simply because the father is not around? What are we doing to stop this? Do they not deserve the right to live? But because we continue to allow this horrendous act, our country is in turmoil. It's more than that; we have turned our backs on God. As a result, there is so much evil lurking around our nation, and the culture calls it good, and intimidates those that don't call the evil good. It angers me to know that so many lives couldn't be saved, simply because we believe the lie. Why are there so many babies that do not get a chance to live, simply because they were an inconvenience? Then how many lives have our society ruin, simply because we say, "it's a woman's choice," yet no one is around to hold her hand afterward. Everyone is quick to say, have an abortion, but where are they the moment after when the woman is feeling the pain. She recognizes that she shouldn't feel this way, and tries to rationalize the act that just happened. She pushes the pain so deep down inside, and her heart callouses over. So when you ask her, "Were you affected by the abortion?" She simply says, "No," like a robot. But then you get personal, and ask, "When did it happen?" "How far along were you?" Slowly breaking down the calloused heart, until the tears start to flow, and she speaks of the pain and anguish she went through. Not a day goes by that she doesn't wonder, was it a boy or a girl? How old would the baby be today? She feel the regrets, the fears, and the pain. Where are the pro-choice boasters at this point? The day of reckoning is coming, and disaster will strike. What have we done? Where will we go? To whom do we turn to for our help? God's anger will stand firm, for He does not take lightly the shedding of innocent blood. But there is hope. Seek God, and pray. If you haven't had a chance to read what Hobby Lobby is going through right now, for taking a stand against the shedding of innocent blood, please read this article: http://www.lifenews.com/2012/11/01/obama-admin-tells-court-hobby-lobby-must-obey-hhs-mandate/
Let us turn to God, seeking His forgiveness. We must repent, if we expect revival to flood our land during this time of darkness:
2Chronicles 7:14

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment