Thursday, May 16, 2013

Examine My Heart, Lord!

Psalm 26:1-3
Vindicate me, Lord, for I have led a blameless life; I have trusted in the Lord and have not faltered. Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

Greetings my Beloved!
I hope you are having an amazing week! Isn't God good. That even in times of trial, God is right there ready to lift you up, and set your feet on solid ground! I can tell you, that even in the darkest of hours, God is so good. Last night at church, I was with the little kids, and we learned about Job. Here is a man that lost everything - his house, his family, his livelihood, and his health. His friends mocked him, and yet he clung to God. When I read this verse, I think of Job. A righteous man, who lived a blameless life, yet all of these bad things happened to him. Jesus tells us that we will have troubles: 

John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

James tells is to consider it joy when we go through trials. I know what you're thinking, because believe me the thought has crossed my mind more than once, "Do you really expect me to be joyful when troubles come my way?" But James reveals the mystery behind this odd way of thinking:

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

It is amazing how much you grow by the time you reach the other side of the trial. God has taken me down a path of repentance, showing me every hard spot on my heart - every resentment, every ounce of bitterness, and every place of unforgiveness. If God is able to reveal such things in your life, you think, okay good - I repent and that's it. However, the repentance was the hard part. It is so hard sometimes to forgive the very person that has wronged you. Especially, when you know that you were in the right. However, remember that vengeance is God's. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing. So, David is asking for God to vindicate him. He is not to blame, and yet it is so hard to look past the guilt. Allow God to vindicate you, that you may continue to live the blameless life! Trust in the Lord, and allow Him to examine your  heart and mind, that you may remain blameless to the day of the coming of the Lord. Let us examine our hearts this week, allow God to test and try you, that you can experience His unfailing love, and that your faith may increase.

Regardless of what you are going through, whether it is good or bad - press into God, drawing nearer to Him! Worship with me!




Blessings!
Christina
 


No comments:

Post a Comment