Friday, July 19, 2013

Prayer

Isaiah 41:8-10
“But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Greetings My Beloved!

I hope you are having a wonderful week! Isn't it comforting to know that God is always there for us? Isn't it encouraging knowing that God has gone to the ends of the earth to call us? He chose us! So, why do we fear when we are faced with the uncertainties of life? It is so important to rely completely on God, for he is the one who strengthens us and helps us. God has been teaching me a lot on stretching my faith and total reliance on Him lately. I just thought I trusted in Him fully, but as He showed me, it is easy to say it, it is harder to live it out. After all, isn't it easy to call a doctor, a lawyer, a friend? And maybe God will use these experts, but we have to run to Him first. Why shouldn't we? After all, God created us; don't you think He knows our bodies better than a doctor? Psalm 139:13, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb." Earlier this week I was not feeling very well. I was actually in a lot of pain. So, I prayed, but prayed differently. Rather than asking God to heal me, I asked God, "How should I pray?" It is during the time we feel the weakest that we need to press into God even more. Ask God, how do I pray over this? Is there anything I can do to help? One time, when I was feeling ill, I asked God what is there that I can do to feel better, and He simply said drink water. It was amazing how quickly I recovered simply by drinking water. This time when I was feeling ill, God told me to take authority over my body. Sometimes, I think we forget the authority that we have.  So, I commanded my body to function the way God created it to function. I cast down the curses that the doctors had placed on me, and asked God to fix the areas that have unraveled in my body. As I was praying, I could feel the results. The pain was subsiding, and I knew that God was working a miracle in me. I pray that God can work a miracle in you! Enter into His holiness, and seek Him. Take advantage of the time in your weakness to fall into His embrace, and seek Him on what you should do to receive your healing - should you see a doctor? Then ask God which doctor should I see? Should you change your diet or drink more water? Then ask God for the wisdom on how and the self discipline to follow through. Should you take authority over your body, and call it into alignment, then ask God for the boldness to do so. If God is our strength, then why do we try to do this on our own? As time ticks on, and the world gets crazier, and the signs of the times point to the end, it is so important to know how to rely completely on God. Isaiah 10:20, "In that day the remnant of Israel, the survivors of Jacob, will no longer rely on him who struck them down but will truly rely on the Lord, the Holy One of Israel." It is this complete reliance on God that will bring us strength, that will bring us help, and that will lift us up in His protection.

This is my prayer for you:
Ephesians 1:15-23
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Worship with me!



Blessings!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment