Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Miracle Maker


Psalm 77:10-14
Then I thought, “To this I will appeal: the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand. I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.” Your ways, God, are holy. What god is as great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.

Greetings, My Beloved!
I am having such a refreshed week, after a beautiful weekend spent with my husband in the hill country. I am so blessed to have such an amazing man of God for my husband! We spent the weekend seeking God for direction for our life, as we embark this new journey, leaping out in faith to do the work for the Kingdom of God! Last week, I spoke about my despair of this Nation, and how God brought hope. Today, I would like to continue the thought about the Holiness of God! He is so Holy! To think about the wonderful deeds God has done. Can you think of a moment where God performed a miracle in your life? I think just the salvation experience alone is an amazing miracle. The fact that God reached out to me in the darkest moment of my life, when I was living a life full of sin and disregard was a miracle. The fact that God did not turn His back on me, even when I turned my back on Him was a miracle. The fact that I deserved the death on the cross, as the wages of the sin in my life was death. However, He took my place on the cross, as an innocent, and did that to wash away the sin in my life. He paid the debt so that I may live. Isn't that a beautiful picture!

Isaiah 53:4-6
Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Can you think of a time in which God has healed you? It may seem minor, but when I was at camp, I woke up with a horrible headache. Being at camp, in the heat with a whole bunch of kids, is not the best place to have a headache. I walked over to the nurse’s cabin to get a pain reliever. I ran into Olivia, who prayed for my headache. I went back to my cabin to get the girls up and ready for the day. Guess what happened? The minute I walked into the cabin, my headache was gone. No pain reliever can work that fast, but I know a God that can heal!

Think about the miracles in your life. I know that my son was a miracle. I always say, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have turned my life around. He is a miracle, and I enjoy watching him grow into a fine young man! I believe that God performed a miracle in bringing me my husband! God worked a miracle in our marriage; it isn't the same because God is a miracle working God!

Let us think about all of the marvelous things God has done, and sing praises to Him! When you worship God through song, thank Him for the wonderful things He has done in your life.
 
This week, I found this song by Kim Walker Smith from Jesus Culture. It is called Miracle Maker. I was so blessed by it, I just know you will be, too. Listen to this song, and prepare your heart to worship, because I promise you, you can't listen to this song, and not be moved to worship!




Blessings!

Christina
 


No comments:

Post a Comment