Saturday, August 3, 2013

Strong & Courageous


Joshua 1:7-9
Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

 Greetings, my Beloved!

I hope you are having a great week! Mine has been full of anxiety, as I count down the days to the big move. I am so excited to see where the Lord is leading us, but at the same time sad to say goodbye to everything I have ever known. I am a little nervous of what to expect, but at the same time anticipating the adventure. I can only imagine the Israelites were the same way, as they waited to enter the Promise Land. Fortunately, I didn't have to wander in the dessert for 40 years before entering into the new chapter of my life, but nonetheless, here I am stepping into the brink of a new horizon. If only I could catch a glimpse of what was to be expected, but then again - isn't that what faith is all about? I am sure Joshua had a bit of nervousness when he stepped into the role of leading the people into the Promise Land. Why else would the Lord have to remind him over and over again, "Be strong and courageous." I can see that God is having to say the same thing to me. "Be strong and courageous." I think this applies to various aspects of life, not just moving. We all face a new beginning at some point in our lives. Are we willing to step out into the unknown to fulfill our destiny? I think that this passage gives us a few key elements to live by to help us to be strong and courageous, and able to withstand anything that life throws at us.  Part 1 - Obedience. "Obey the law..." Part 2- "Keep the law on your lips; meditate on it day and night." I think to be able to obey the law you must first know the law - inside and out. It says if we follow these steps, we will be successful. Let us stay on the path of obedience before the Lord, by meditation on His Word. As long as we are doing that, we do not have to be discouraged; we do not have to be afraid, because the Lord is with us. He will always be by our side; He will never leave us or forsake us. Let us find a way to meditate on His word daily. It is so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life, that we forget the law that governs us. Do you think that is what happened to America today? Have we forgotten the law, and that is why so much chaos is abounding? Let us be in prayer, not only for ourselves, but also for those around us, that the truth of God's Word will be true in our lives. That we can obey the law by meditating on it! And remember God is here - what a comfort it is to know that God is always there for us! Doesn't He enjoy our worship?

Worship with me, will you!
 
 
 
 
Blessings!
Christina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment